Cobra Interior Question

JB85

Established Member
So over the past few months, I have been buying a bunch of NOS and OEM parts, as I will just be sitting on them until my son is old enough to restore the cobra with me. The previous owner just completely trashed the interior, smells like a damn cigar....etc, and I have come to a road block with a certain part.

I cannot for the life of me, find any reproduction Mach 460 speaker grilles. Hours and hours of researching has found nothing, except for a bunch of junk used ones on ebay. LMR sells every other year except for the 94-98 mustang, go figure.

So does anyone know where to find a good set of these before i start combing junk yards?

or, is it possible to just remove the speaker all together and do away with the system? from what I can tell, it looks like its part of the door panel, but if its not, ill just trash the system and start over with something modern. I just hate to lose some of the stock appearances though.

thanks for the help everyone.

Chip Schweiss

Established Member
I recovered mine with this cloth on Amazon:
It was very close to the original. I used Super 77 adhesive.

In the picture, the bottom grill still has original cloth on it. The top one is the recovered grill.

IMG_20200825_105451.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread