cobra heads

wtfMACH1?

Is that a GT?
Established Member
Is ther any significant difference between the terminator heads and mach 1 head's. I always here they're the same but Ive also heard ther are little differences. reason being, Iam looking to purchase used terminator heads to use on my frpp 5.0 mod block and also was wondering if at all , any complications would happen if they are interchangable. any info would be great. keep em sideways:rockon:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Is ther any significant difference between the terminator heads and mach 1 head's. I always here they're the same but Ive also heard ther are little differences. reason being, Iam looking to purchase used terminator heads to use on my frpp 5.0 mod block and also was wondering if at all , any complications would happen if they are interchangable. any info would be great. keep em sideways:rockon:

THey are the EXACT same. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant.

JeromeMach1

Established Member
I always thought they were exactly the same until some recently told me otherwise. I was told there is a slight difference but they could not tell me what the difference was.

Jerome

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I got quoted at around 1300 ish without the cams. So about 1400-1500. That would net around 20rwph or so I hear.

If they are degreed properly, then yes. It will also extend the HP band in the upper RPMs.

I still have yet to see what it does to the TQ band though. Usually others do other mods and not just the cams, so I'd be interested to see what all they do.

EVO-lution

Established Member
If they are degreed properly, then yes. It will also extend the HP band in the upper RPMs.

I still have yet to see what it does to the TQ band though. Usually others do other mods and not just the cams, so I'd be interested to see what all they do.

same here...I've only seen HP numbers.:shrug: can find them relatively cheap.

LS7sLaYeR

Established Member
hmm...i always thought the cams were slightly different. learn something new everyday i guess :shrug:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Either the intake or exhaust cams are different. The Mach1 uses the Navigator cams.

Jerome
Uh...........:shrug::??::dw::nonono:
they are the same.

EDIT: from another thread:
R exhaust: YF3Z6250AA
L exhaust: YF3Z6250DA
R intake: YL726250AA
L intake: YLZ26250BA

Link to order cams: (no difference specified)
https://www.certifiedfordparts.com/ford-mustang-parts.html

Same heads and yes same cams.

Users who are viewing this thread