Cobra grill emblem mounting question?

hitman#1

The Harbinger Of Doom...
Established Member
What size torx bit is used to replace the Pony grill emblem with the Cobra version? I just don't want to play games trying to figure out what size it is and end up with a bunch of torx bits I don't need.

Thanks! :beer:

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I dont know the exact size, so i just bought a set of like 10 of them for only 8 bucks and the one that worked was in that set lol

2003 Silver

Banned
hitman#1 said:
What size torx bit is used to replace the Pony grill emblem with the Cobra version? I just don't want to play games trying to figure out what size it is and end up with a bunch of torx bits I don't need.

Thanks! :beer:

Ahh shit, I forget....do a search, I'm sure it's on here somewhere.

sonicsensation

Established Member
I think that is a dealer only specialty tool? I went to "lowe's" and that is what the guy told me. I just ended up using plyiers to back the screw out, then back in. Hope this help's.

SVT04

Established Member
hitman#1 said:
That sounds about right. I have a regular T25 but this is one of those safety deals with the pin in the center.

File the end just a little bit to make it flat. Then with a small sharp center punch , punch the end. With a 1/16" drill bit drill a depression in the end of the torx T-25 ....presto ! the tool you need ..... I did it and it works......

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
black99lightnin said:
Go to any parts store and they should have it.
+1, it's not a dealer only bit. Go to any parts store and look for a "tamper resistant torx bit". Thats what you need. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread