Cobra Front Grille Emblem Question?

fduve

Established Member
Where can I get one of these? Is this a factory Ford part which could be purchased at the dealership? My 2004 Cobra came with a horse instead of a Snake in the grille opening!

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
All 03-04 cobras came with a horse from the factory.

Most people change them out for a snake. It's just the Cobra snake fender badge. SOme people like the bigger snake from the GT500 fenders instead.

SpectorV

Established Member
they are 20 bucks to purchase, they are to small for the 03/04 cobra front and look out of place~ plus when you take the OEM horse off the paint behind it will show with the snake emblem, just fyi.

IMO the horse fits much cleaner~ but for 20 bucks you can give it a try and see which you like better.

fduve

Established Member
Should Snake Be Facing Right Or Left in Grille Opening?

I can't decide which one to get? The emblem from American Muscle is facing left and the emblem from Late Model Restoration is facing right. Not sure which one would be correct if the car were to have come with one from the factory? The horse is running towards the left on my Cobra and the snake is facing to the right on my GT500. Late Model Restoration says the Cobra emblem was intended to be factory equipment on the 1994 Cobra model but do not indicate which direction it would have faced. Also the right facing Cobra from Late Model Restoration looks as if it is mounted higher up on the bracket, will this be more centered vertically in the grille opening than the American Muscle version which looks to be a bit lower?

Late Model Restoration Version Facing to the Right
94-04 EMBLEM, GRILLE, COBRA MUSTANG

or

American Muscle Version Facing to the Left
Ford Mustang Cobra Grille Emblem at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
or be different like me, I personally think that snake is way to small.

10thTermi03.jpg

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I got mine from Ebay...Bout $20.00... I personally DON'T like the Horse... The Cobra looks better and matches the rest of the badging... I did NOT know u can get the BIGGER COBRA!!! I hate u guys! Everytime I log into this site, I end up buying something!!! LOL!!! BTW... OEM from FORD does NOT offer the frt COBRA... It is NOT a original emblem or badge made from FORD for the frt grille...ONLY the fenders... It was not a trim opt in the COBRA so therefore, no replacement part to purchase from dealer...Stricly aftermarket...(In my research looking for one myself at the time...)

Users who are viewing this thread