Cobra feels lame

unibager

Established Member
Alright, there might be nothing wrong. It could just be that I have never had a stock mustang (save bolt ons). The Cobra just feels like she's being held back :shrug: . I am not sure if this gives an idea of what I am feeling. Is this normal? Some insight would be appraciated.

Mods that matter:
C&L mater and tube
75mm TB
FRPP headers
Bassani X with cats
SLP cat back

Timing seems to be at 12 (have not check for correct TDC)
Fuel pressure 38

Car idles at 750 ish and pulls 16 ish inches of vacume

Lee

Established Member
I had a 94 Cobra that was sluggish until I cleaned the MAS wire that was gummed up from the K&N oil. Also, when I bought my 93 in 2000 it also felt "sluggish" compared to my 88 GT. I added an ECU chip from http://www.racesystems.com/ and the throttle response increased greatly. Added 3.55 gears later and really woke things up! Before the chip I ran 14 degrees of timing and that also seemed to help. How many miles are on the motor?

Last edited:

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
Changing from a C&L to a Pro-M, woke my car up. It would hit a wall past 5000rpm until then.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
If you are used to modified 5.0's then yes the cobra will feel weak.

I would go to a smaller t/b though. That is to large in my opinion. When you get heads and a cam it will wake the car up

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
If you are used to modified 5.0's then yes the cobra will feel weak.

I would go to a smaller t/b though. That is to large in my opinion. When you get heads and a cam it will wake the car up

Those mods will wake up any car

unibager

Established Member
Yeah, I know the TB is a little on the big side, but it was a deal at the time, and The hole in the manifold is 70mm still. So, in theory I really only have a 70mm TB.
Like I said, the car seems like she wants to give it up, but just seems like shes being held back. I am guessing that this is normal since the heads are crap, I just wondered if other owners felt the same.

Users who are viewing this thread