Cobra Evolution Pro Seat/Race Seat Thread

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
Been looking at puttin a new race seat in my car and came across this one made by Cobra.

MotorSportSeats.com - Cobra competition, technology and sport seats

I really like this seat and although it's pricey I really think I would like it. The dimensions seem like it will fit my body type(5'11" 155lbs 31 waist) fairly well and you can't put a price on safety.

One of my biggest concerns is if the wraparound for the neck/head restraint will make it unuseable for street. The car is still driven on weekends on the street, and with that being said this seat needs to be comfortable enough to sit in for a couple hours to drive to and from the track. This seems to have a much more open structure which will by far provide the best visibility as far as these "full containment" seats go.

This will be replacing a 15 year old sparco montecarlo(they don't even make anymore, but very similar to the TEC seat)

Any thoughts or anybody sat in or used one of these before?

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
It appears, and is stated, that is is basically a Suzuka with the head restraint. If so, a buddy has a Suzuka and has used it in his 350z and his Z06. I like it. It does not fit me as well as my Sparco Evo2, but I like it and have spent hours in it on track when sharing cars.

The main thing is you need to sit in the seat if possible. If you are going to spend that much time in it, make sure it is comfortable.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I would probably opt for the Suzuka seat since you drive it on the street. I have a Cobra seat, I think it has been replaced by the Monoco. It actually looks more like the Corbeau Clubman. It works great for me and is very comfortable. Especially compared to the aluminum seats that I have sat in to instruct in some of my students cars. Those damn seats make my back hurt after 20 minutes.

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
well I've read tons of reviews of it online and not found one person who disliked the seat. I took a leap of faith and ordered it last night, I'll post up my opinion and pics when I get it. Probably going to take a month seeing as the cheapest way to buy it was to order from a UK vendor and pay the int'l shipping as opposed to buying from a US based vendor

Users who are viewing this thread