Cobra cutout when warm!!

Drk Knt

Established Member
So long story but I bought an 03 cobra from my mom. Triple gt pumps, dual BAP, 80lb injectors, ported eaton, built motor, full exhaust (lt, x, catback). She had it on e85 and it was running great and then one day it started doin some weird buck and jerk thing when warmed up or in the Texas 100degree weather. First thing in the mornin would be fine after noon would do buck and jerk stuff on accel only, NOT while cruising, and it idles fine as well. I was told I was in need of a return style fuel system for the e85 setup and that was the problem so I elected to take it to a local reputable tuner to go back to 93 pump gas instead of dropping all the money for the return setup due to lack of funds at the moment. I got in touch today and he said he can do 2-3 good pulls and then after that it starts buckin and jerkin again once tip in is present for the dyno pull. He's looking into it but will be a while due to other customers he has. So until that time I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. As far as I know FP is ok. I wish I had more info but I didn't get to ask many questions yet. By the way this is from two different tuners that this problem has happened to so obviously I have something wrong with something somewhere. I'm hopin to hear something tm bout and actual FP reading and other datalogging info. Mainly just seeing if anyone has came across something like this with a similar setup before. Thanks in advance.

Alfie

Established Member
Sounds like spark blow out but I don't think two tuners will miss this. But without logs its hard to to say why this happens. What plugs do u have and what gap are they at?

Drk Knt

Established Member
I honestl couldn't tell you. I'd have to pull em and check and I don't have the car with me. I do know they're ngk bu not sure of model type or gap.

Users who are viewing this thread