cobra clutch pedal

Flores8787

Established Member
hey guys!
so about a week ago my TOB gave out, took cobra to a shop and had the tranny brought down for the labor.
after carefully inspecting this is what went down
-had a new clutch kit put in since tranny was down , exact same one it had on with new TOB .
- New aluminum flywheel was put on since the one it had on looked it had its last rodeo .
- Broken Throw out bearing retainer or sleeve had to be replaced .
- pennzoil synchromesh for tranny fluid, don't know what it had before.
* the cobra had a firewall adjuster installed so I am assuming it has a aftermarket quadrant.
the only thing different that I notice is that before this the clutch pedal sat way above the break pedal. Now they are almost at the same height! what I don't like is the clutch pedal play. How can I fix this? why did the pedal change in height?

01yellercobra

Established Member
It sounds like it's just an adjustment thing. They probably left the cable loose in order to lower the pedal height. That's not the right way to do it. Tighten up the cable so everything works correctly. Then get a pedal height adjuster from Maximum Motorsports. It'll lower the pedal height. I've had it in 3 of my cars.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
what I don't like is the clutch pedal play. How can I fix this? why did the pedal change in height?

I had the clutch replaced in my coupe earlier this year with a Mc Leod RST dual disk. When I got it back from the shop clutch worked great, but the pedal was VERY sloppy. Turned out the shop just left too much slack in the cable for my taste.

What I did was went under the car and removed the clutch cable cover. I adjusted the nut on the cable from under the car and tightened it until the slop was removed and the pedal felt right.

Love the way the pedal feels now and car shifts great.

BTW, I have NEVER used a firewall adjuster on any of the Mustangs I ever had. I don't have anything against them, I just prefer to adjust at the transmission since it does not need to be adjusted very often.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Make sure your clutch fork isn't rattling against the shield.

Users who are viewing this thread