Cobra clutch maintenance

coopermitchell

hello everyone, i recently bought a ‘98 SVT Cobra. the guy i bought it from bought it from the original builder and he didn’t know much about cars. i haven’t had time to track it down but it has an adjustable clutch wire to increase or decrease pedal depth. something inside the tensioner that’s on the firewall snapped (it looks like a small piece of white plastic or PVC) and now i have no tension at all on my clutch pedal and i can’t get into gear. does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it or what parts may be required?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Sounds like you have an adjustable cable with a stock quadrant. You need to pick up an aluminum quadrant and firewall adjuster. IMO, and quadrant will do as it's just a piece of aluminum. I've ran UPR, Steeda, and Maximum Motorsports and they all worked the same. For the firewall adjuster I like the click type like the McLeod.

Normally I'd say ditch the adjustable cable as they're not known for reliability, but I think it's getting hard to find stock type replacements.

coopermitchell

Sounds like you have an adjustable cable with a stock quadrant. You need to pick up an aluminum quadrant and firewall adjuster. IMO, and quadrant will do as it's just a piece of aluminum. I've ran UPR, Steeda, and Maximum Motorsports and they all worked the same. For the firewall adjuster I like the click type like the McLeod.

Normally I'd say ditch the adjustable cable as they're not known for reliability, but I think it's getting hard to find stock type replacements.
awesome, thank you

Users who are viewing this thread