Cobra > Camaro SS

jaxlsx

Established Member
So any Cobra onwers in Ohio ready to accept my friendly challenge? Not trying to be cocky, just looking for a good race! Im tired of racing the same old shit. I will be visiting Edgewater next year alot. Any Ohio guys in here go to edgewater? I usually go to Muncie because thats where i am originally from. I am hoping to break into the 8s next year, just gotta put on my big boy pants and up the juice a lil bit.

CuNfUzEd

Established Member
you must walk a lot. every other week that things broken. :shrug:
what you doin on a McMustang forum anyway??

Are you kidding? This is like going through the drive thru window babee!!LOL And I am proud to say my car is running almost 5 weeks with no issues.............. for the most part anyways.:dw: So thank you for your concern Mcdynotune:beer:

THAITED

Established Member
The truth is now my car has 0 rwhp 0 rwtqr....I took it apart because I have to do....two things, I need to sell my Paxton and get a single turbo (Turbonetics GTK 1000, DIY). Still I can't find a decent dealer who sells the hot side piping at a reasonable price....:nonono: So far I found one on E-bay but who knows about the quality......:shrug:

Don't tell nobody, I was that close to get a SS.....the only thing that I did not like about it was the hump on the passenger side floorboard....so I bought a Stang instead.....(Actually, I'm always a Ford man but I was impressed with the SS's power compare to the GT's. Not to mention, I got my ass handed by a SS when my car was stock).:bowdown:

Last edited:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
ASIDE from a stout motor, camaro is a total failure....body is hideous, looks sloppy in general...

+1000000 thats why they quit making them, they could'nt meet sales figures
2002 Camaro production: 42098
2002 Mustang production: 142404
Camaro's best days were from 67-73

Last edited:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
They stopped making them due to poor marketing and the fact that most people thought they had too much power and the V6 Mustang was considerably cheaper. If people knew the MPGs the LS1s got in the real world I'm sure they would have sold better as well. My A4 Camaro gets better MPG than an M5 Mustang I've ever owned....

I like the fact that I see one Camaro for every 10 Mustangs I see on the road.

Being a total failure is far fetched. How does it look sloppy?

My car doesn't rattle. It handles better stock for stock than any other Mustang I've owned. It responds better than any Mustang I've owned [ I know I know, an 03-04 Cobra responds better right? ].

I understand that you like Ford's, but don't be the biased brand loyal tool.....I have quite a few friends with F-bodies, most of them heavily modded.

None of them have any engine or driveline issues and all but one has what came from the factory. This car is built just as well if not better than any Mustang I've owned.

Last edited:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
The truth is now my car has 0 rwhp 0 rwtqr....I took it apart because I have to do....two things, I need to sell my Paxton and get a single turbo (Turbonetics GTK 1000, DIY). Still I can't find a decent dealer who sells the hot side piping at a reasonable price....:nonono: So far I found one on E-bay but who knows about the quality......:shrug:

Don't tell nobody, I was that close to get a SS.....the only thing that I did not like about it was the hump on the passenger side floorboard....so I bought a Stang instead.....(Actually, I'm always a Ford man but I was impressed with the SS's power compare to the GT's. Not to mention, I got my ass handed by a SS when my car was stock).:bowdown:

I hate this too, that is why I'm getting it cut out eventually. It's only there because that is where the cat-converter lined up on the LT1 cars. Gm moved the placement on the LS1s but did take the hump out since it wasn't cost effective.....

just thought I'd let you know =D. Everyone should at least own one LS1 F-body in their lives:beer:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
They stopped making them due to poor marketing and the fact that most people thought they had too much power and the V6 Mustang was considerably cheaper.

93-02 camaro body style(stretched out Geo Storm look), seating and riding position, and uneasiness of entry/exit from the car is what did them in.

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
93-02 camaro body style(stretched out Geo Storm look), seating and riding position, and uneasiness of entry/exit from the car is what did them in.

That's funny you bring up seating position since the Mustang's is horrible as you usually have to hunch over to reach the shifter unless you're tall. When you bang gears you also bang your hand into the center of the dash. You might as well open you glovebox while you are shifting to 5th lmfao.

They finally fixed the Mustang seating position with the S197, what's funny is that the seating position is very similar to the F-Bodies/Corvettes which I find more favorable.

I commend Ford for marketing/producing a car that appeal to a mass market. Too bady Chevrolet could do the same. Instead they made a car that is more powerful that most women wanted or needed. I think Chevy did a better job appealing to us, the gear heads.

Unfortunately we weren't the consumer they needed.

Last edited:

mrbigjeep

Established Member
i always wonder when people say that there hand hits the dash when shifting upward...as my hand goes nowhere near the dash...i have never even came close and i have tons of room. i've never had to hunch to reach the shifter...of course i'm 6'4" but my dad is only like 5'7" or 5'8" and he has no problem driving it.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
i always wonder when people say that there hand hits the dash when shifting upward...as my hand goes nowhere near the dash...i have never even came close and i have tons of room. i've never had to hunch to reach the shifter...of course i'm 6'4" but my dad is only like 5'7" or 5'8" and he has no problem driving it.

I'm 5'8" 155lbs... my hand hits the center dash all the time when I drive the newer SN95+ stangs and I found the seating to be awkward. (If your used to an F-body honestly the stang is far from comfortable).

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
I'm 5'8" 155lbs... my hand hits the center dash all the time when I drive the newer SN95+ stangs and I found the seating to be awkward. (If your used to an F-body honestly the stang is far from comfortable).

I agree in all of Mustangs I've owned I had the same issue but you learn to adapt to it.

But what do I know I own a Chevy.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Don't get me wrong having to throw the shifter over to the passenger door to reach 5th gear in mine is annoying as well... I just don't end up playing bloody knuckles with my dash in the process.

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
:lol1: I never really had the shifter problem with a mustang or my old turbo-coupe. The first time i saw a '93 camaro i thought the same thing about it looking like a Geo Storm on steroids, but over time it looked better IMO. A funny thing is most people mention that women didn't buy camaro's but 60% of the one's i run into have lady's driving them. Even when i was on vacation in Orlando Fla. the same ratio was true.

BayareaSS

Established Member
Don't get me wrong having to throw the shifter over to the passenger door to reach 5th gear in mine is annoying as well... I just don't end up playing bloody knuckles with my dash in the process.

I hit 5th pretty fast. It doesn't really seem that far away. But i do have an aftermarket shifter

Users who are viewing this thread