Cobra bumper covers for a '99

Sun Devil Cobra

Established Member
Myself, just like the majority of the '99 Cobra owners, do not really appreciate the stock bumper cover that Ford decided to go with in that particular year. I would be interested to know where some of you other '99ers acquired a bumper that actually says "Cobra".

Thanks. :banana:

My94GT

Established Member
i think it was 01 they put cobra on it, just look in the classified section or on ebay or sites of the same....or go dealer.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
yeah you can still find 01 bumpers i believe...used if not new...front bumper covers are another story...only place you can get them new anymore i think is the dealer...

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
check ebay and here in the market. If you want a brand new one, call Steve at Tousley. Shipping is what really gets you on these. It might be about the same to pay retail at your local dealer vs getting the discount, but paying for shipping

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
I got the rear bumper from a member here.. I paid $150.. I then had to spend something like $200 to get it painted but it was worth it.. I LOVE the look..

DSC01278.jpg

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
the '01 bumper will look just like your stock one, except it says COBRA on it(much better imo). and the 03/04 one is pictured above.

69fb

Established Member
Wasn't there an "warpage" TSB on teh 99 bumpers?

Then you could've got an 01 at the dealership for free?

EVO-lution

Established Member
I went the route Mt Twigbert and no_slow_svt went....i just bought the rear bumper that goes on the 03/04 Cobras. they look alot better IMO.

69fb

Established Member
There is no TSB or recall for this occurrence...just verified it with issued TSBs...lots of them out there, but nothing dealing with the rear bumper...

Hmm...guess I was fed a line.

It's true though that the 99's had some warpage issue's because i've seen it on a friends 99. The 99 I just bought has an 01 rear bumper and was told there was a recall or TSB on the 99's due to warpage....since I know the 99's had some warpage, i didn't call him on it.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
there are known issues with some bumpers warping...thankfully none of my 4 did...

maybe i should copy all the TSB titles and list them for a sticky...

Users who are viewing this thread