Cobra Brakes

BlackStang00

Established Member
I just recently picked up an 01 gt to replace my 02 gt that I crashed. I miss the cobra brakes that car had so I’ve been looking into buying some. Has anyone here used no name calipers? I see them pop up on eBay all over the place. It seems powerstop uses these knock off castings in their new calipers. I asked on another forum a while back and some people had reservations about them, especially because it’s a critical component, but I’m sure it’s the same casting that sve uses on their brand of cobra brakes. Anyone ran these yet?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Out of curosity would the 2015 4 pistons that look like Brembos work on your year? I have some I don't need if you want them.

BlackStang00

Established Member
The base s550 brakes? Not with my wheel setup. I have 17” 03-04 cobra wheels. I was thinking of caddy brembos too if I found a set that wasn’t too expensive. At this point it’s more of a want than a need and it’s a street car.

BlackStang00

Established Member
I might end up going that route. The knock offs are more cost effective and that’s why I was looking into them.

On a side note, a few years back there was a huge discussion about this too. A lot of people were buying what they thought were reman gt500 brembos but receiving counterfeit calipers. Some members chose to run them and had no issues with them. I was curious if anyone has a similar experience with sn95 brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread