cobra bra fitment issues

nabisco

Established Member
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a OEM front Bra for my 96 Cobra and am having trouble keeping the top tab in the drivers side wheel well tucked over the bumper. Any advice or help here?

Thanks
:cuss:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
nabisco said:
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a OEM front Bra for my 96 Cobra and am having trouble keeping the top tab in the drivers side wheel well tucked over the bumper. Any advice or help here?

Thanks
:cuss:

I currently have the same Ford OEM Cobra bra on one of my 95 2-Top Cobras. It fits fine. It is a tight install. Those tabs inside the fender area are tricky to get in place. Seems to me that the tab fits between the fender and the inner wheel well. The best thing to do is let the bra sit out in the sun so it is soft and easier to stretch into place. If you are talking about the area below the headlight, I believe it pushes in between the top of bumper and the headlight lens/housing.

Picture085.gif

Picture084.gif

Picture083.gif

R

Last edited:

nabisco

Established Member
I meant behind the corner light in the fender well, the top tab on the drivers side keeps popping off.....

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
where the heck did you guys find those? i would love to get an oem bra for mine. i have one from wolf which is good but i like the oem one better. since i live in the gravel and sand state(maine) i have to have one on my car,so it might as well be a good one. thanks guys!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
nabisco said:
I meant behind the corner light in the fender well, the top tab on the drivers side keeps popping off.....

I had a hard time getting that tab to attach also. Finally after fighting with it, I was able to get it to stay in place. The bra tab has not popped out since that time. If I remember correctly, the tab was almost pointing forward between the inner fender well and the fender lip once it was properly in place. I tried recently to remove the bra and it seemed like it was going to take some fighting again to get it off. It appears that once it is correctly in place, it stays in place very well. I did not have time to fight with it at that time, so it is still on the car.

R

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
stangnut said:
where the heck did you guys find those? i would love to get an oem bra for mine. i have one from wolf which is good but i like the oem one better. since i live in the gravel and sand state(maine) i have to have one on my car,so it might as well be a good one. thanks guys!

+1 I just want the hood piece

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
01Lowboy said:
+1 I just want the hood piece

Ford also offers/offered a "sport bra" for the SN95 Cobra. It includes the hood piece with Cobra logo, plus a protective piece for the tips of each fender left and right.

Picture964-1.gif

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
stangnut said:

Both the full nose bra and the sport bra are Ford accessory items through the dealership. I am not sure if both are still available. They are not cheap, but in "most" cases, they fit right.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
nabisco said:

As outlined above, if it is a repair issue, like a tab is coming off, yes you will have repair it, it may be a trial and error. Like mentioned above, maybe 3M. The tabs that attach in the fender well area on this sport bra appear to be the same as the full bra I have on my car. They are plastic and are sewn to the fabric/material on the border of the bra. I don't see where a 3M glue would do much for that.

If the tab is not actually coming off (broken), but is coming unclipped from the car, that is what I am talking about in my previous posts. It seems to me that when I first put that full bra on, I fit all of the lower area to the car and then attached the drivers side next, and then fought with the passenger side. It got so bad that I removed all of the upper bra and attached the passenger side first. Then I fought with the drivers side. Once it was on, it fit nice, but getting it to that point was a fight. The last side to be secured was the hardest, it fought the whole way. The nice thing about the tight fit is the nice look (for a bra) when finished.

Has the bra been on your car for some time and not popping off and then it just started recently? or is it a newer install?

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread