Cobra block

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
Just a general question, we have the iron block, are there any modifications to it (coming from the Mustang GT)? It was to have been used for durability but just wondering, are there many if any modifications to it, thanks in advance, Doc. :pop:

SlowSVT

Established Member
I have not worked on a bare modular block yet so I can't say for sure. Generally I will take a dremel and radious the sharp edges in the oil gallaries and water passages on the ones that are accessable. That includes the oil pump, water pump. I've heard the oil drainback in the heads can be opend to minimize the oil collecting in the heads at high RPM's.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Hard to tell from your post, but if you're asking whether or not the Cobra block is any different than a GT block, I think the only change is the 4V water passages. I could be wrong. There definitely aren't any strength/durability differences.

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Hard to tell from your post, but if you're asking whether or not the Cobra block is any different than a GT block, I think the only change is the 4V water passages. I could be wrong. There definitely aren't any strength/durability differences.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at, I would like to know all the small point changes/modifications to our application. To the first poster after my original post: I have no fricking idea what you're talking about, read the post again please, thanks, Doc. :shrug:

WDW MKR

Established Member
I think SlowSVT was replying as if you wanted tips on preparing your block for a build. Regarding the water passage differences, your best bet might be to contact one of the builders and ask. You can post on www.modularpowerhouse.com and ask Tim. He built my shortblock that didn't show up today, due to the fact that all shipping companies suck ass!

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
I think SlowSVT was replying as if you wanted tips on preparing your block for a build. Regarding the water passage differences, your best bet might be to contact one of the builders and ask. You can post on www.modularpowerhouse.com and ask Tim. He built my shortblock that didn't show up today, due to the fact that all shipping companies suck ass!
?

Users who are viewing this thread