Cobra Backfiring / Stalling ?

Immortal LuD

Established Member
Hey guys.

I'm slowly fixing all issues I can imagine with my car since it's my DD, and lately the car has been stalling after slowing down from a speed of 50-60mph.

It happens when I press the clutch in, and the RPM's just drop to 500rpm or lower. Twice in the past week it has just died on the road while rolling. It's easy to start back up, but it has done it once around a turn coming up to a light.

It ALWAYS does it when coming up to a street light, so that's why it's so hard to me to figure out.

So the things that went through my head, were vacuum lines, fuel system / filter, tune up with spark plugs wires, etc...

I changed out the fuel filter the other day, and it stalled that same day! So I'm about to do a tune up, and need a recommendation on what plug wires and plugs to get!

Ok, so the car backfires when I shift hard from 2nd to 3rd. Like a really loud pop. Mac CAI, Mac o/r h-pipe, and flowmasters. The flows are coming off soon for a Mac catback, and I didn't know if they were the culprit for backfires.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas what could be causing these issues.

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
Could be your Idle Air Control valve. If it is not opening then your car will stall as the rpms fall.

Users who are viewing this thread