Cobra acting weird

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
my car is doing some kind of failure i think is because i don't have a tune, is doing it since i put the 4.56s i don't know what it is i just know that if i turn it off and wait a little then turn it on it goes away for a while, it happens at WOT

here is how it sounds like (2nd race vs 2010 6 cil camaro)
[ame=http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa121/luizGT91/?action=view&current=MOV02888.flv]MOV02888.flv video by luizGT91 - Photobucket[/ame]

here is the first race for comparision
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtQmzoweXvg"]YouTube - 99 Cobra Vs 2010 Camaro (v6)[/ame]

you can hear in the first race that it goes WOT with ease and at the second race (first vid) it can't go past 5200-5500 if i continue applying WOT it bog and almost dies but there is no explosions or anything that is a sign of lack of fuel, by the way my car sports a brand new focus fuel pump so i don't think that could be the problem

Last edited:

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
if your knock sensors sense detonation they cut timing out...there is nothing with your gears that could cause your car to not run the engine right...make sure you have the pumps put in right that you didn't pinch a wire or a line make sure the pump is good maybe you got a bad one...it can't be the gears specially not since its one race then not the other while you prime your fuel system by shutting it off and on

NukeGuard

Established Member
There have been a few people here with that problem, me being one of them. I honestly don't know what cured it, but my checklist including making sure the COP's where snug, changed the plugs and finally after a few tanks of fuel it cleared up and hasn't done it since. What kind of gas have you been running? Say no to ethanol and use good gas for a few tanks and see if that helps.

Last edited:

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
it doesn't have a tune and with the longtubes i got the CEL so i haven't hooked the scanner on it, i used 87 fuel 'cause not all fuel pumps in Mexico have 93, there is no knock tho just boggs bad, no explosion or smoke, i guess its some kind bad fuel issue also,

grant007

Established Member
log your ECTs my gauge didnt let me know i almost fried my engine, computer was trying to pull timing out, it was doing the exact same thing at the shelby meet 1st pass=ok 2nd pass= bogg wot bogg. do not go by the fake temp gauge in the dash. retuned plus new high speed fan and t-stat. all beter now.
FJG

Bite Me

Established Member
You were using 87 in the cobra? Wow, your brave. You dont need 93, just get 91. Do they have 91 out there? Def not your gears like the others are saying.

Users who are viewing this thread