Cobra @ 65 MPH + Deer = ...

Avenging Angel

Established Member
What a ****ing year...

****ingdeer.jpg

****ingdeer2.jpg

****ingdeer3.jpg

Yeah I know I'm lucky... it could have been much worst... but I'm still out $1000 (Deductable). This happened as I'm leaving (IAH) the airpport. I didn't even make it out of the airport streets. A deer comes hoping from my left side & I clip it on the corner of my car going about 65 MPH. The deer flew in the air about 9 feet. Lands in the far right lane & cars just proceed to run the shit out of it. I did a U-Turn & came back & all I saw were entrails, internal organs & a bloody streak.

Damaged:

Hood

Front Bumper

Passenger Headlight

Passenger Foglight

Passenger Fender

Yeah this sucks, but I'm still grateful for everything that I have & that God has spared me & my family from tragedies like the one across the other side of the world. Be safe out there & watch out for dumbass deers.

Last edited:

rust0r

Established Member
wow, i was surpsied there wasnt more damage, i expected the front end to look ALOT worse for hitting it @ 65...but it still sucks :( what headlights are those?

Avenging Angel

Established Member
rust0r said:
wow, i was surpsied there wasnt more damage, i expected the front end to look ALOT worse for hitting it @ 65...but it still sucks :( what headlights are those?
Ebay headlights with the clear reflectors. Yeah it could have been worst if I had hit it squared on, but I clipped it on the corner.

Last edited:

BenBrausen

Established Member
You got off easy. I put over $7000 in deer damage in the front of my car less then a week after gettin' it. Hit it at around 45mph. Still a shitty thing to happen.

xl2ockl3ottomx

Established Member
My father and I hit a deer with his econoline van earlier this month, about $1200 damage, going at 70 mph on a section of i-64 near Charlottesville, Va. Before a guy a couple cars back could stop his car and whip out his shot gun, that bastard had gotten up, stumbled around, and jumped over a 4ft fence and disappeared into the woods.

I'll see if I can snap a pic or two tomorrow and post them. Them deer are strange creatures, they can evade a bullet coming at them at 1,000 fps, but they won't get out of the way of a car traveling 60 or 70 mph, with the head lights on high-beams, and the horn blowing full blast.

xl2ockl3ottomx

links432

Established Member
Hi
That sucks. I hit a Deer going 65 in an 88 Crown Vic Wagon. It wasn't so much hitting as it was bending him in half. It really messed up the car, it needed a new front end. My Dad and I ended up replacing the Front end the next day with one from a Grand Marquis. Sorry to hear about your car.

Nick

Avenging Angel

Established Member
BOTLFED98 said:
ya, that don't look bad at all!
For a freak like me that parks his car way in the end of a parking lot when it's pouring down rain to avoid getting door dings, this is bad.

rust0r

Established Member
angel, for sure its bad, but when when you consider all of the other "deer wrecks" you've seen, and especially considering you were doing 65mph, i would say your car made out alot better than most, it sucks being anal about your car to take care of it and having something stupid like this happen to it, im sure it will be back and looking sick soon enough though :)

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
you should have seen NOScobra2001's car after he hit a deer at 65.. it crushed his roof on top of him... you came out very light

Avenging Angel

Established Member
superblur said:
sorry to hear about that.

well think about it this way...

atleast you killed it...
I messed it up & sent it 9' into the air. The other cars that ran over it & dragged it's carcass 1/8th mile down the road killed it.

I don't really like hurting animals. Ran over a doggie once going 70ish & it rolled underneath & I saw it still rolling in my rearview mirrow. :(
Not a damn thing I could have done then either.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
For a freak like me that parks his car way in the end of a parking lot when it's pouring down rain to avoid getting door dings, this is bad.

That's me, that's what would really eat me up. Sorry about your shitty luck

Avenging Angel

Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
you should have seen NOScobra2001's car after he hit a deer at 65.. it crushed his roof on top of him... you came out very light
Hey bro, I love your car. Do you have problems scrapping with that splitter? I have H&R SS & my car is pretty low. I'm considering the Cervini's 00R front as a replacement, but my only concern is scrapping.

Users who are viewing this thread