Cobalt SS vs. SVT Lightning

93LXHatch

Banned
WOW! I think i need to go shave after that vid. A friend of mine bought a Cobalt SS and he let me drive it. That thing just feels so freaking slow its not even funny. I dont care if it ran 10's, its just no fun to drive. If I had to pick a sport compact it would be either SRT-4 or SVTFocus. Focus b/c its ford and I could Turbo it and keep brand loyalty. I know that mean shit to some of you but to me it means alot. Although performance wise the SRT-4 is Superior to the SVTF stock for stock.

2slow50

Banned
redline360 said:
The cobalts ss are actually pretty nice lil cars. I thought they were pos like the neons but i changed my mind when i got to ride in one. Hella alot nicer the the neons(inside) and decently fast for what it is.

I would get that over the neon anyday if i had to pick between the two.
And you would be owned everytime you pulled next to one :bash:

Blown2000HD

yea, I havent lined up against one at a light yet but im hoping to add a few mods before I do, Some might say that compared to the srt4 the cobalt is shit, but I dont see it like that. Turbo or SC two different beasts, both companies offer stage kits for both cars and the potential is there. I think the cobalt are nicer looking but this forum isnt really all about looks as it is performance. Those that say they driven the SS and it is slow and sucks, I dont know where there coming from because the first time I drove one it hauled ass for being right off the shelf it is a nice starting point. Maybe they drove the SS Non S/C model I dont know, I have raced many vehicle with it and it has performed very well, never had the opportunity to go up against the srt but I believe stock to stock I would lose but I would love to see by how much. Stock my cobalt is putting down 220 and that is very high for the SS's being they are highly underated. Still SRT4 is an awesome car.

Users who are viewing this thread