Cobalt SS vs 2015 Mustang GT

Bokeo

Established Member
Pretty crazy to see a stock turbo Cobalt SS perform this well. Wish my Focus ST responded so well to bolt ons!

2009 Cobalt SS - Stock Turbo, 3" DP, 3" Catback, Intake, Trifecta Tune
2015 Mustang GT - Bone Stock
2013 Black Mustang GT - Boss Intake, Exhaust, Stock Tune
2013 Blue Mustang GT - Intake, Exhaust, Tuned

[youtube_browser]pkPTzYDvnwc[/youtube_browser]

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^looks like the Cobalt beat the stock 15 GT, tied with the dumba$$ that was running a Boss intake manifold with stock tune, then lost to the last GT with bolt-ons/tune.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
^looks like the Cobalt beat the stock 15 GT, tied with the dumba$$ that was running a Boss intake manifold with stock tune, then lost to the last GT with bolt-ons/tune.

Yeah that is what I saw. No tune with Boss intake, living on the edge!

Fat-cat

Established Member
15 gt started in the wrong gears as well. That cobalt has no huff top end

T.Man

Established Member
It will once the ethanol goes in :)

*in response to no top end* damn phone

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a full bolt-on 08 SS cobalt and the thing was a blast to drive. It made 318whp and 389wtq and was very quick from 30-90mph. It would nose over against v8's in a close race once speeds exceeded 90-100mph but it had long list of kills.

It only went 13.1 at 111mph on street tires but my 12 GT with bolt-on's and street tires went 12.20 at 121mph. The cobalt would run with 113-115mph cars from a roll and win most of the time.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I was gonna say , not to make excuses but first race vs the 2015 gt the cobalt looked like he was ahead a car when filming you see him have to point the camera back they werent even and he hit it first then the 2015 gt followed suit since the cobalt was out a car and got the jump and it stayed ahead the car he was out when he took the hit . and the cobalt has mods.
gt is bone stock and heavier then the others so outcome makes sense. 2nd race the gt has no tune, they both hit it looks like the gt started pulling on top end was close and both let off. the other looks and sounds like he sucks at shifting he missed a gear bad shift but then they both stayed in it the mustang was reeling by and top end he walked on by and they both shut it down. so outcome makes sense espcially from a roll, i want to see some good shifting diffrent races or digs outcome would be diffrent and if they kept going and didnt let off the 5.0's deff show more top end they walk on by.

That being said turbo cobalts are alot faster then the supercharged models bolt ons every mod done even e85 a supercharged model cobalt is a 240-300whp car tops. but a bolt on only turbo cobalt seems to be a 300+whp car all day and they are not to heavy pretty light cars. thing moves good. but its still a crappy plastic tin can gm car that was recalled and discontinued at the end of the day lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread