Coal rolling thread

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Alright guys, post up those black smoke pics/vids.

Here's a recent one from me, DP Tuner 140 Smoker.

Smoke1.gif

Smoke2.gif

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
I don't have one of Jody's smoker tunes, but I can see what I can produce with my 120 tune.

Stewart

portcity_gt

Established Member
my truck dosnt smoke at all (03 f350 6.0) why is this?
it has a programer that came with truck (powerchips flashpack) on perfomance setting.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Probably because of the canned tunes is why it doesn't smoke, it might be making power but it is either doing it more efficiently or it's not really making that much power. In my simplest explanation, a typical modded PSD - tunes backed up with supporting mods exhaust, intake, etc. etc. has to put out smoke with a hotter tune to make the power (overfueling).

Get yourself a more custom "hotter" tune and you will see the coal running, a lot of the 6.0s guys go with an SCT Xcal2 with a PSD tuner of their choice; can't chip a 6.0.

Gix1k4

Established Member
I don't have any pics. But my truck smoked big time with my edge juice and the attitude, but now i'm running the banks six-gun and it hardly smokes at all... I kinda miss being able to smoke out the tail-gaters.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
04, man you need a custom tuned SCT! There are some wicked good 6.0 tuners out there. You will see some dozer dust then.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Take it from me. If you run the SCT, go ahead and drop the money for ARP studs (at least, if you can, go for the H-11 tool steel studs from Elite), 06-07 Ford OEM style gaskets, and some kind of egr upgrade, either the block off plate or new egr delete pipe. It sounds expensive, but if you do those things, your truck will be set.

You dont want to be like me and have a 2005 stroker with 55K on the clock with suspected cooked and cracked heads.....not a fun situation to be in.

Users who are viewing this thread