CO Wheel Decision

Super000Sonic

Established Member
Its the never ending mental beat down of wheel decision time ! I have narrowed it down to two different wheels that I am interested in:
1) 18" antracite fr500

2) 17" DD Mach 1 replicas w/black inserts from AFS ( out of stock of course)

Which ones would you guys pick ? I'm not sure how antracite would look on comp orange.

This is my Mach.......

THANKS

022.jpg

Last edited:

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
My vote is for the DD Mach wheels. Less people have them and they are more unique. I have a pair of DD with stock finish sitting in my basement waiting to go on.

Super000Sonic

Established Member
All the wheels posted here look good. I had not considered chrome before but they work well. The black chrome is a real eye catcher and probably works best with the orange color and black stripes on the car. This leads me to another question that must be answered.........................ARE BLACK WHEELS PLAYED OUT ?

glittle75

Established Member
Black Chrome is not played, flat black is.

8355246205_57ca346ac0_b.jpg

Race Star Dark Stars, 17x4 and 15x10

Attachments

• 8355246205_57ca346ac0.jpg
    8355246205_57ca346ac0.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I'd love to have a CO Mach, your's looks great! My Mach has chrome bullets. Wanted the retro look for it at the time. Fire away but ive never been a black wheel fan. Polished CCW's look killer w/ CO.
DSC00262_zps7d21f5a5.jpg

DSC00770_zps15988db1.jpg

Last edited:

Super000Sonic

Established Member
I was never a black wheel fan either. I think they look too flat (and everyone has them) but those Black Chrome ones have a shine to them they are not so dark, you can actually see the detail of the wheel. They really pop on the comp orange, in fact I'm leaning towards getting them. Here's my personal breakdown for car color to wheel color match ups:

FR500 Wheels
Comp Orange = Black Chrome or sometimes Silver ( depends on the stance of the car for Silver)
Screaming Yellow = Anthracite or Chrome
Dark Shadow Gray = Silver
Azure Blue = Anthracite or Silver
Black = Silver or Chrome ( never black on black....its so bad)
Oxford White = Anthracite
Torch Red = Silver

POST YOUR PICS TO PROVE ME WRONG !

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I was never a black wheel fan either. I think they look too flat (and everyone has them) but those Black Chrome ones have a shine to them they are not so dark, you can actually see the detail of the wheel. They really pop on the comp orange, in fact I'm leaning towards getting them. Here's my personal breakdown for car color to wheel color match ups:

FR500 Wheels
Comp Orange = Black Chrome or sometimes Silver ( depends on the stance of the car for Silver)
Screaming Yellow = Anthracite or Chrome
Dark Shadow Gray = Silver
Azure Blue = Anthracite or Silver
Black = Silver or Chrome ( never black on black....its so bad)
Oxford White = Anthracite
Torch Red = Silver

POST YOUR PICS TO PROVE ME WRONG !

I approve this message!!! :beer:

Super000Sonic

Established Member
MACH WON , car looks clean, really nice. I like the AFS wheels they were my first choice. My initial intention was to retain the stock vibe with the AFS wheels. I don't prefer black wheels just because a lot of people are doing it, but those Black Chrome FR wheels pop really hard on Comp Orange. I'm on the fence right now.

Question: Does your car have the IUP interior ? Mine does not and I haven't seen another Comp Orange without it. However I like the IUP a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread