Clutches?

dark98cobra

Established Member
Need to get a new clutch for my 98 cobra. Anybody know or which one to buy? Car has mostly bolt on's, bbk LTs, hurst shifter, 4.10's, CAI, and imrc deletes. Looking for something street/strip thanks.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I just use the Valeo King Cobra Clutch, its in my budget at $175 bucks and it works for me. I've had 4 of them through different mustangs, Throw out bearings are junk tho, get a National or FRPP HD one, and DO NOT BUY IT THROUGH UPR

SvtCobra.5000

Established Member
I just installed the centerforce df clutch in my 98 along with a fidanza aluminum flywheel. Seems to grab hard and engagement is nice and smooth, still in the break in phase but it's a major improvement over the spec stage 2+ it replaced.

dark98cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys.

I just installed the centerforce df clutch in my 98 along with a fidanza aluminum flywheel. Seems to grab hard and engagement is nice and smooth, still in the break in phase but it's a major improvement over the spec stage 2+ it replaced.

How much did you spend on the setup if you don't mind me asking, and where or who did you get it through?

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
Wish you needed something for drag.... I have a spec stage3 for sale unsprung for 350 bucks has only 400 miles...

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
PM reply

If I did I would buy it but looking for street/strip thanks though

Yeah that's why I took it out... Not good in traffic! Lol I would go with a king cobra clutch I had one in both my stangs... And I daily drive it and it see drag time, was in the car for 3 years.

LDC2335

Established Member
My centerforce dual friction has a lighter than stock feel and Grabs like a MF'er. Its a little more expensive than some of the others. But i highly recommend it.

Whatever you do, and whatever you get. Break it in right.

98fourvalve

Established Member
Myself and my brother both run CF dual frictions. Awesome clutch!

My other brother uses the king cobra because he is cheap. I hate that clutch. Basically stock and so hard to push down for the clamping force it provides. Spend the extra and get a better clutch IMO.

greenscobie86

Established Member
Got an OEM Sachs replacement clutch from rockauto.com for like $105.

Same mods as yours just about. Been running fine for the last 30k or so. I'm very happy with it.

SvtCobra.5000

Established Member
Exactly a Centerforce DF clutch paired with a Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel is an amazing combo, you won't be disappointed. Good luck with the install!!!

dark98cobra

Established Member
My centerforce dual friction has a lighter than stock feel and Grabs like a MF'er. Its a little more expensive than some of the others. But i highly recommend it.

Yeah I think I might go with the centerforce df clutch. What's the proper why of breaking one in? Its gonna be the second clutch on there and that was with a brand new engine install.

Good luck with the clutch install with your bbk long tubes lol.

King Cobra Clutch.
Lol yeah I know man, but I got it out already just need to get the new clutch and put her back together.

Myself and my brother both run CF dual frictions. Awesome clutch!

My other brother uses the king cobra because he is cheap. I hate that clutch. Basically stock and so hard to push down for the clamping force it provides. Spend the extra and get a better clutch IMO.[/QUOTE
Yeah I think I might go with the centerforce.

Got an OEM Sachs replacement clutch from rockauto.com for like $105.

Same mods as yours just about. Been running fine for the last 30k or so. I'm very happy with it.[/QUOTE
I was thinking about it. I work for O'Reilly auto and I get it for $85 but I have one on my 1990 5.0 and wanted to try something different

Exactly a Centerforce DF clutch paired with a Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel is an amazing combo, you won't be disappointed. Good luck with the install!!!
Well what everybody is telling I'm more then likely going that route man.

brucesvt

Established Member

this

good luck with the install

Crusher9008

Established Member
Mcloud dual disk is whats going in my terminator.... Get your cake and eat it too.. Grabs hard and easy as butter pedal

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread