Clutches.. what to get?

Black03WPB

Established Member
Guys, the information out there for clutches for these beasts is so varied and jagged, it's almost a joke.

Im told by some people that the same clutch that will fit a 2002+ GT and 99-01 Cobra will fit our 03 Cobras... but then others say no, it wont.

Whats the truth!?!?

I want a clutch that can safely hold up to 600rwhp or so.. Im looking at going Kenne Bell, or ProCharger.. so Id love to make it safely while not damaging parts ( Looking at the procharger for the lower torque.. yeah I know it sounds crazy.. guess Im a whore for the supra like power curve! )

Also, would the stock flywheel be fine? Ive basically narrowed my clutch choices to the CenterForce Dual Friction Double Pack, as Im told it can hold 650 rwhp without a problem.. but hey, then again, Ive heard that swampland in Florida is a good investment..

-Ryan

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I'd go with an Exedy twin disk if they make it for out cars. I can check on monday, but I bet they do. Its expensive, but comes with flywheel, is rebuildable, and will hold a ton of power with very easy engagement.

Black03WPB

Established Member
How much is " expensive " ? Im only looking to spend at max, $500 for the clutch. I can probably get a free flywheel from ford, so thats not a worry.. and since the TOB is a TSB I can get one for free from Ford as well..

Unless I should just replace the TOB and the flywheel with the new clutch?

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
Originally posted by Black03WPB
How much is " expensive " ? Im only looking to spend at max, $500 for the clutch. I can probably get a free flywheel from ford, so thats not a worry.. and since the TOB is a TSB I can get one for free from Ford as well..

Unless I should just replace the TOB and the flywheel with the new clutch?

:lol1: try 500x4 = exedy twin disk , sorry bud :uh oh:

2xlr8

Established Member
Calgary, Canada - summer is too short here!
I'm also in the market for a new clutch. The Spec Stage 3 that I have is starting to squeal during cold starts. (This is a result of the numerous burnouts etc. that I've done with the current setup and not a reflection on the Spec product.)

Without any compelling advice from the members of this forum, I'll probably go with another Spec Stage 3.

Advice needed - opinions welcome....

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I went with a SPEC 3 clutch and a Fidanza flywheel (stock flywheel is not SFI approved). It has a much lighter feel than my stock clutch did. However, clutch engagment is super fast with the SPEC 3.

Black03WPB

Established Member
How much is the fidanza flywheel?

I know my TOB is probably fried.. Is there something I can get that is aftermarket that can assure it wont bust?

I want to get my stuff fixed under Ford TSB for the Retainer sleeve and the TOB itself..

-Ryan

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Centerforce, SPEC 3 is not the best! Get the Fidanza flywheel with the Centerforce TOB and Dual friction clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread