Clutch/x pipe problems

venomous_svt

badmfcobra
Established Member
Well, this month as far as working on my car has been a complete disaster....Seems like everything I do something is wrong with it. I did a search and found nothing that really helped, so I have a couple questions.

One is that I installed my new clutch and everything went fine, it shifts fine...but I still have a slight squeak or ginding noise coming from the clutch. It goes away the second you lightly touch the pedal. And it does it really bad when you slip out the clutch taking off in first. I completely clueless on this one.

the second is the x pipe is still leaking...I did a search, seems like a common problem on passenger side but no one really says anything about how to fix the problem. No one sells cobra gaskets around here (special order) and the only one I could find was from sean hyland. So if you know somewhere you can pick them up for cheaper let me know. I have tried everything and it keeps leaking.

Sometimes I just want to give up!!!! I swear the car is mad at me for saying I was going to sell it :cuss:

Last edited:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I got my gasket at a Ford Dealership for like around $10 I think, took one day to get in-stock. As far as the clutch goes, do you have an adjustable cable/quadrant?

96cobrakid

Established Member
go to the dealer like kyle said for the gasket, it is like 10.00

and for the leaking part, get it bolted up at all four corners, but don't tighten them down. try and do the fronts evenly so you get them to set the same, and not one causeing the other one to gap

did you replace the throwout bearing? did you have enough grease on it?

Users who are viewing this thread