clutch/trans issues (need help)

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
I was driving and the clutch pedal fell to the ground. I got it home I put it on the lift thinking the cable popped off or needs an adjustment. but When I jungle the fork that the clutch cables goes on there is no resisance. its limp. thus the peddle dropping to the floor. whay do you think it could be. springs on the pressure plate not releasing or a throw out bearing????

fyi

its a spec stage 5 chutch with about 500 miles on it. from day one it made a belt sweeking sound when engauging and dis engauging. Also i drove the cobra home in 2nd gear with no slipping of any sounds or rattles all the way upto 5500 rpms.

any ideas

thanks in advance

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
the cable should be hard to slip on the fork. you should have to pull on the fork to be able to slip the end of the cable on it. if it just goes on and there is no resistance then there is something wrong. check the t. out bearing and if not then the cable needs adjustment. it's kind of weird, though, that it would get out of adjustment sudenly like that. unless the springs on the pressure plate are broken, I don't think that is the problem.

Last edited:

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
Jdaniel said:
Sounds like the throwout bearing went out on you. Is there any noises when you drive it?

b/f this problem
only when the when I engauged the clutch it sounds like a belt slipping/squeaking.

vd..

Users who are viewing this thread