Clutch Time

T.Bone

Established Member
Well I started to pull stuff off the 03 last night to replace the clutch. I think it took just as long to pull that SOB :fm: top bolt off the starter then it did to drop the exhaust and H pipe!!!

T.Bone

Established Member
Seen that this morning. I stopped working on it around 7:30 or so and left my phone sitting on the work bench in the garage.

T.Bone

Established Member
I could use the help of one more person to assist Brent and myself Saturday morning if there are any members not going to Woodward or Mustang Alley.

Thanks
Tim

T.Bone

Established Member
I could work on it tonight. I was planning on finsihing it up on Saturday because Brent has other commitments until then.

If I could get a couple of people tonight that would be great. All I need is help bolting the tranny in place and I will finish the rest.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
lemme know...I am going to try to buy that tranny jack today after work...I can drop it off or you can come pick it up if you work on it tonight.

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
I can help for a couple of hours T-Bone. Can you give (PM) me a time and location? I have to do a couple of things with the new baby, but the wife is doing better. I should be able to lend a hand for a couple of hours.

Matt

T.Bone

Established Member
Well the tranny is back in and feels pretty good. The Spec 3 is a little grabby right now, but I am sure it will break in pretty soon.

Want to say thanks to Brent and Matt for giving me a hand and to all the others that offered to help out.

The tranny wouldn't go in because the pilot bearing was slightly cocked, we took the clutch back out and you could see where it was hitting the top of the race. I must have hit it when I was driving it in. Luckly I had a spare one, took it out and replaced it and the tranny slide right in without a fight.

Thanks again everyone!

Tim

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
No problem T-Bone. I enjoyed learning how to do a clutch. You and Brent are experts. I hope you got to test it at the Dream Cruise!!

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
np bro. Glad everything worked out in the end....just wish we would have replaced that pilot bearing Wednesday. Either way...it is done and glad everything is working good.

Now my truck....different story. Bought the rotors and pads. Tore it down to find out that the inside of both tires are worn down to the nylon marker strips. Took the old brakes out and find out that only one of the pistons in the caliper are working. Did a test and pushed the brakes to see if the pistons would move and one did and the other did not...the one that did came out a bit too far and is now leaking. Not a big deal since the caliper is cached. Needless to say I put her back together and will be taking it to my buddy at Belle Tire to fix it up in the morning. Gonna cost me a bunch more then I anticipated since I have to buy 2 new tires......

Users who are viewing this thread