Clutch time.....

Soybean55

Established Member
well it’s that time and I need some clarification. I’ve researched after market clutches and read through all the mixed reviews I’m leaning towards 13/14 gt500 clutch. Just needing to know correct part numbers or links I was planning on getting
-13/14 clutch
-Mcleod aluminum flywheel
-master cylinder (aluminum)
-slave cylinder
-pilot
-arp flywheel bolts
-dowels?
- new clutch line (not sure which one)
Just want to make sure I’m getting right parts to make this fit 08 gt500

Race Red Boss

Established Member
FWIW, I know of someone that has the 13/14 OEM clutch and swears by it on his 09. He went through two of the 2010 upgraded units before getting the 13/14 and has been good ever since.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I had the McCleod RXT installed with matching McCleod ALFW . My slave looked to be in excellent shape but I followed advice at McCleod & opted to swap it out for new anyway. I love this set up. My buddy has an '08 . He did a similar McCleod '08 combo but his was rated at 800ftlbs......also very happy.

barspen

Established Member
I got my '13/'14 kit from LMR and it had all the parts (the flywheel included is stock, not Mcleod). It should list them individually in description or shopping cart. Added the appropriate slave cylinder and a pilot bering and was ready to go.

The Clutch Master for a '13/'14 should be DR3Z-7A543-A based on a old thread.

You should be able to search for a SS clutch line from the vendor you buy the parts from.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Mcleod's RXT for the later cars bolts to the stock flywheel, so I'm not sure they offer one for 2010 up. You might want to check if that flywheel isn't for 07-09, which is going to be different. I just looked at their wesbite and they don't show any flywheel for the 10-14.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
+1 on the 13-14 Master. McLeod makes a great SS line, and you would want a new slave too.

OP should be good to get the 11-14 Flywheel and slave cylinder and it should all bolt in right? Correct me please if Im wrong. I was under the impression the 5.4 iron, 5.4 aluminum and 5.8 Trinity were exterior architecturally the same? Flywheel depth, bolt pattern, crank bolt pattern, etc? TR6060s were different in the back for each gen, but wasnt the front and gut design (different ratios though) similar too?

Users who are viewing this thread