Clutch Time

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
Since my car is down for upgrades and i know there are a ton of threads about clutches i just want some updated reviews on them. Which clutch should i go with and does anyone have any 4th of July sales on them? I mainly use my car for strip and driving around town. I just don't want one that is too annoying to drive on the street but won't fail launching hard.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I'm sure you know, popular choices are Mcleod RXT and SPEC SS.
I got the RXT, just had it installed 3 days ago, new slave cylinder, pilot bearing and Mcleod clutch line.

I've put on it 100 miles already and from day one it was so smooth I thought there was something wrong, I've heard that it'll chatter and it'll be rough at first but that wan't true in my case. Compared to stock, its smoother, quieter and lighter.
Power wise, I'm still at stock level so I can't comment on how much it can take, and I've yet to push it, but so far I'm happy with it.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
Which mcleod rxt clutch did you go with the one that re uses the stock flywheel or the 1400 hp or the one that uses the steel flywheel? Does any shimming is involved in the install?

Cuda426

Established Member
Centerforce Dyad. The best street clutch for the GT500 Period!, from someone who installs them. Yes I have installed the two popular clutches mentioned and they are not in the same league.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Which mcleod rxt clutch did you go with the one that re uses the stock flywheel or the 1400 hp or the one that uses the steel flywheel? Does any shimming is involved in the install?

I got it from Summit and it doesn't specify which flywheel it is. However, its the same price as the one with lightened steel flywheel in Lethal's website. Either way it has the steel flywheel.

The guy who installed it did say we might need shims but at the end we didn't. Engagement point is close to stock and its getting closer as the system bleed itself from any air.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
Does anyone know if the 1400hp version is better or does the lighten steel flywheel version holds up fine?

Users who are viewing this thread