Clutch THis?

Greymare

Established Member
Hello all new to posting here but have been in many times looking for answers. I have a 92 LX I am installing an 03 Engine and drivetrain into. I plan to have around 700 RWHP when it is complete. (2weeks or so) I will be driving the car some and racing it a lot.
1) What clutch should I go with?
I don't want to replace the flywheel or input shaft but if I have to.
2) What will an input shaft cost me?
3) What kind should I buy?
4) What is the overall advantage?
5) What kind of flywheel should I buy?
6) How much?

Sorry for all the questions at once. Thanks for any Help.

Greymare

Established Member
It is a Stock 03 Block. It should be good for at least 850. Thanks for all the answers. I really don't want to drop $1400 but if I have to I will. I didn't see a $1400 kit or the Cobra 4.6 kit there? Is it on that page?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Greymare said:
It is a Stock 03 Block. It should be good for at least 850. Thanks for all the answers. I really don't want to drop $1400 but if I have to I will. I didn't see a $1400 kit or the Cobra 4.6 kit there? Is it on that page?

Call Tony, talk to him about your needs, that is where you will get the price. You don't have to spend this much, the CF DFX is supposed to hold this kind of power but I cannot verify that.
I am going by my experience of the Mcleod working on my car which is about 800 flywheel.

When I said "stock shortblock" I meant does it have stock rods/pistons, not asking about the block actually there, shortblock is kind of slang.
If so you will be on borrowed time anywhere above 600, ticking time bomb anywhere above 650. If your goal is 700 rwhp (and keeping it there) you will need new pistons and rod bolts minimum.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread