clutch sticking to the floor and gear lockout

blackvette101

Established Member
Hey guys after doing the cobrajet install on my boss 302 i am having trouble shifting at redline. Thats the stock redline i never raised it and i never had an issue before the cobrajet manifold. I have an aftermarket shifter, bracket, trans mount. stock clutch line and clutch spring still in. I've searched around and i haven't found any threads with solid answers other then replacing the clutch. Is their an easier definite fix? clutch line? spring removal?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Clutch is almost always the culprit from what I've heard. Might as well do the clutch line at the same time.

jn2

Established Member
It is almost always the clutch, you can buy the clutch line first since you'll need one anyway if you do the clutch and hop hit fixes it. If not, pick up a new clutch.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Truthfully, it's probably the clutch BUT I would first remove the helper spring (it's free). My car was doing it too and I removed the spring and I haven't had the problem happen again. Still running the stock clutch and line.

GrabUblue

Established Member
Just replace the clutch and line. You will be much happier and so will your mt82.

Users who are viewing this thread