Clutch Squeal?

The Loon

Established Member
Anyone have this? When driving for about 30 minutes, I step sown on the clutch, let's say at a light and I hear this squealing coming from the front of the car. So I depress the clutch and move it slowly up and down and it squeals and the clutch pedal vibrates. Of course I have taken the car in to the dealer and they can't find the problem.... My Cobra is a first run and I remember reading a post about this last year, but I never thought about it until now...

If anyone knows what the technical term is or what the problem is. I would appreciate it.

BTW, I did make the dealer change the transmisssion last year when I could not get the damn car in reverse. After that I pretty much rarely drove it.

Thanks,

The Loon

ALA G8R

Banned
Sounds like something wrong other than a replacement TO bearing. Maybe the fork that engages the TO bearing is the problem and it is causing the TO bearing to fail. Has Ford ever replaced the pressure plate or the Fork "thingy"?

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I just got my car back Monday, after it's second TOB replacment.

This time they also replaced the tranny, since the TOB cracked the input shaft sleeve.

The second one started to squeal a little and then one day, driving home, the clutch pedal started to modulate at a light then it started making a knocking noise.

I had it hauled in on a flat bed the next day.

Clutch, PP, TOB and tranny. It took three weeks to get it back.

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread