Clutch smoking then cable broke

army_man1014

Established Member
hey guys last year before I left for Afghanistan I was out driving my 03. Well I noticed the clutch pedal was acting weird when i shifted. Then i started smelling something. So I pulled over, lifted hood and seen a small about of smoke come from tranny/clutch area. So i turn around and try to get home (2 miles away). As I was going home the pedal got tighter and tighter as I shifted, and then one last shift and cable broke.

What do you guys think the problem is, Just a new cable? or do you think the clutch is fried. I was going to get a new cable but dont want to purchase that and have my car towed to shop to get it fixed and that's not the problem

FYI I wasn't having any issues at all with the clutch up til this point.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
Change the cable and go from there... the clutch maybe done... nut upi won't know till you put a cable in it...

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
And if you pull it apart to check everything you might as well just put a new one in!! How many miles on it?

army_man1014

Established Member
Haha guys I knew you were gonna say that. I want to also go 26 spline install and rxt clutch but really don't want to dump the 3 grand on the car as I'm going through a career change and losing some annual income. I was just looking for a quick fix. My car is so damn low but I'm going to try and get it in the air and check out what I can from the plate where you change the cable. I ordered an UPR a few days ago. I will let you guys k ow if it works.

I bought the car with the spec clutch and u put 30k on it. So approx 32k is on clutch mostly highway if that matters lol

Users who are viewing this thread