Clutch release way too high

GRUSE

Established Member
Clutch releases near the top,much higher than the stock quadrant Just installed a double hook quadrant and firewall adjuster from American muscle.Using my oem cable .Firewall adjuster is all the way in,cable is on the back hook on the quadrant.Don't want to use an adjustable cable but it's awful close to clutch slippage territory.Any help or suggestions?

Followed this tutorial for the install. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...uicker-firmer-shifts-performance-driving.html

C0BRA_C0MMANDER

Established Member
What is the reason for not using an adjustable cable if I may ask? Using an adjustable cable would be the best option because you have full adjustability of your setup and you can control where you want your pedal to release. Try turning the firewall adjuster and see if that does anything to your pedal position.

GRUSE

Established Member
What is the reason for not using an adjustable cable if I may ask? Using an adjustable cable would be the best option because you have full adjustability of your setup and you can control where you want your pedal to release. Try turning the firewall adjuster and see if that does anything to your pedal position.
Thanks for the reply.
The research I did on the forums all recommend a non adjustable Oem cable.
Started with adjuster all the way in I backed the it out a few turns felt like clutch was slipping. The firewall adjuster closed takes out about 3/4 of an inch or more on the cable called AM and they said the quadrant fangs sit further back than stock as well.Ordered an adjustable cable tonight.

C0BRA_C0MMANDER

Established Member
No problem man. OEM cables are better than the aftermarket ones but dont offer the adjustability. If you ordered one from AM get the Steeda cable. I had the sr performance one or whatever their generic brand is and it broke after only about 3 months. But AM sent me out a Steeda one for the hassle of getting my car towed back home.

GRUSE

Established Member
Thanks Commander,got the Steeda cable ordered tonight.
Drove the car to work and back today,didn't feel any slippage or smell any burning but it releases too far up for me to live with.

Users who are viewing this thread