Clutch Recommendations

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
'07 GT500 Coupe. only mods are springs, roush control arms, MM panhard bar, KR axle backs & '10 19" Wheels. This car is my daily driver and has 17,800 fairly easy miles... and yes I know how to drive a std. shift correctly..... yet the clutch is already slipping when put under a load while driving down the road. I have not had any real issue with clutch chatter like most 07/08 GT500 owners complain about.

I am looking for recommendations for a replacement clutch. I do not want any heavy race clutch or anything for a drag car. The only additional mods my GT500 might ever see are a CAI and Tune. Car will never be heavily modded or drag raced much at... its just my daily driver. I want something that is a direct bolt in as I dont want to have to deal with any shimming or mods to fork etc like I remember reading about last year when I was keeping up with GT500 info more. Kind of skeptical to install another OEM replacement and have it go out in less than 20k miles. Any help from people that have replaced their GT500 clutch would be greatly appreciated.

Blackmax

Established Member
No matter what you buy it will be expensive so just get the Mc Loed clutch and be done with it. I was shocked how the RXT track version is 10X better than stock. The RST must drive like an import. I just don't understand why Ford has so much trouble with something like this. :shrug:

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I am running the McCloed RST and it is amazing. The pedal is feather light compared to stock and drives very well. Cost me $1200 for clutch+flywheel+labor

R1Lello

Established Member
I bought the RXT street version on lethal's recommendation that it takes heat better than the RST. Have yet to install though

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
+1 - RXT McLeod. Like or better than OEM feel, rated at 1000hp, Pulled the best of 1.5 60' times at the track...easy to install....Get with Jared at Lethal....IMO, you won't go wrong with a McLeod..!:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread