Clutch recommendations

Brandon Adams

Established Member
Currently I'm putting down 477 RWHP and the stock clutch is toast. I want to be somewhere close to 600 within 2016, I'm in the market for a clutch that's good for daily driving and rated over 600hp. I just don't know where to start looking.

cj428mach

Established Member
Currently I'm putting down 477 RWHP and the stock clutch is toast. I want to be somewhere close to 600 within 2016, I'm in the market for a clutch that's good for daily driving and rated over 600hp. I just don't know where to start looking.

How much are you looking to spend? and how much and what kind of driving do you do?

If you do a lot of driving and want the best driving experience go twin disc.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Right there with you, I believe I'm going with the spec 3+ with billet alum flywheel and 26 spline input shaft

Brandon Adams

Established Member
How much are you looking to spend? and how much and what kind of driving do you do?

If you do a lot of driving and want the best driving experience go twin disc.

I was thinking SPEC 3+ but I've heard mixed reviews on them, they claim to hold 800RWTQ. Twin disc would be my go to if money wasn't an option but spending 500 on a clutch vs dropping a thousand is a big difference.

Brandon Adams

Established Member
Yea plus $400 on 26 spline and 3-400 on flywheel

I already have the input shaft, LP shim kit, McCleod TOB sleeve, Ford Racing TOB, pilot bearing, all I need now is the fly wheel and clutch.
She's my DD but get on it when necessary. Still open to suggestions on a clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread