Clutch recommendations for 26 spline and t-56

Cobertible01

Established Member
Hi, looking for some suggestions on clutches for a t-56 magnum, 26 spline input shaft. I was also wondering what all your thoughts were on performance with the t-56 magnum with the 2.97 first gear and the 4:10 gears that I already have installed in my Cobra? I haven't purchased the trans yet but am looking at it through D&D Performance and the swap kit they sell. Thanks

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Promotion Powertrain 03/04 PP with their 26 spline disc setup, light as stock can hold 650hp, shifts at 7500+rpm no problem. This clutch works great in my higher rpm n/a cobra and in my friends S/C with 500tq. I wouldn't consider another after driving it for awhile, much nicer than the spec I had previously.

As far as the Magnum, it's an awesome trans. Drove one a while back and it's way better than my fully modded T56. Ratio depends on how you drive the car, for me, I'd get the 2.66 first as this trans ratios are better for open track driving. If you're more of a straight line guy then, the 2.97 is the way to go. Ask D&D too, they'll probably say the same but since your'e paying, they should give you the right parts for your needs.

matt87

Established Member
i have a mcleod rxt ceramic twin disk with 26 spline liberty input shaft. pedal is super light and this clutch can take 1000 hp.

Cobertible01

Established Member
Awesome!! Thanks for the replies. I haven't pulled the trigger on the t-56 yet, just getting all the info I can get before I do. Looks to be like a springtime install as the weather up here is looking more like it's time for her to go into hibernation.

Users who are viewing this thread