Clutch reccomendation

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
My clutch is going out and I have had bad luck with the centerforce clutches
Picture shown below, My tuner suggest I go with a rps or Mcloud any others out there worth looking at.. If it helps i'm not going to crazy on power any more just about 600rwhp 600tq is what i'm exspecting to put down. I really don't know whats going on with my current clutch some days it grabs and goes other days it just slips like it's on its last leg, all of this started when I had my firewall adjuster and quad in

jennie010.jpg

jennie027.jpg

Last edited:

thelpb

Established Member
Sounds like the adjuster is off if it started when it was put in....

As for a clutch, I am running a Fidanza 4.3. It's a 6 puck ceramic type clutch. It had some chatter when I first put it in, but during the break in it vanished. It grabs hard enough that I can blow the rear tires off powershifting into third with 478rwhp but it still engages smooth as butter when I am just putzing around in traffic. Awesome clutch and not too expensive either.

midtex01gt

Established Member
Spec Stage 3+ .....after chewing up a centerforce much like yourself, it has the best balance of drivability and grip that I have found...

Helomech74

Established Member
I was using a Ram Powergrip HDT and currently am running a Spec 3+, I preferred the Ram unit over the Spec for many reasons. It had much better driveability then the Spec and it held the power much better as well.

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
I have to rule out spec due to the 2 Performance shops out here want me to sign a waiver if I use a spec clutch, Sounds like they just aren't holding up or as good as they used to be. Does any use a RPS twin disk?

Users who are viewing this thread