Clutch / rear end rebuild shopping list

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
Ok so my TOB is starting to get a little too chatty for me so I am planning on replacing my clutch and bearings and having my rear end rebuilt.

I want to do all the clutch work my self and take the whole rear end out of the car and have it rebuilt. So i need a complete parts list so I know how much money im going to have in this.

The car has 75K on it so the stock clutch shouldnt have too much left in it should it?

It seems that centerforce clutches are preferred around here.

so i need a clutch
TOB/ pilot bearing
alignment tool
slide hammer (how big of one do i need??)
clutch cable I hear ford is best
firewall adjuster and quadrant

for the rear end
4.10s
fluid and friction modifer
gear install kit ( i want the one w/ the new clutch packs etc. to rebuild the differental)

So what i need is exactly what clutch to buy and links or part numbers for the other parts.

Also is a aluminum flywheel worth the money or should i just get mine re-surfaced.

My car is pretty much stock and will stay that way power wise for quite some time so is a spec stage 2 or a CF dual friction II too much for my car. I plan on a few bolt ons and 4.10s obviously . It is a DD so I cant run DR now either because of rain.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i got my gear and the full seal/bearing kit form buyfordracing.com. i would check out the prices there too.. and if you re-building the factory diff., pick up the carbonfiber clutch pack kit

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
Thanks so i guess the rear end parts are taken care of. I have heard that w/ 4.10s and above that you should use 2 bottles of friction modifer. Is this true?

This looks like a good deal on a spec stage 2 clutch kit it comes w/ a clutch, pressure plate TOB and alignment tool.

SPEC Clutch Stage 2 for 1996-01(JAN.) GT Mustang, 1995-98 Cobra

SPEC Clutch Stage 2 for 1996-01(JAN.) GT Mustang, 1995-98 Cobra
(actual product may differ)
Click to View Larger Image

Part No.: 003531

Sale Price: $287.10
(Regularly: $319.00)

Shipping: FREE!!!

spec kit

Also everyone says to use timiken sp? bearings but summit only list mccloud TOB and this spec kit doesnt say who makes the bearings.

is the summit firewall adjuster ok or should i go w/ the bbk or other brand name for 20 - 30 dollars more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread