Clutch question ???

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Clutch question ???
As some of you know the 03 Cobra,s are experiencing throw out bearing problems. I am 1 of them. 4200mi and I have to bring it in for a new throwout bearing assembly and related hardware.

My question is since I am going to be at the dealer having this work done I need suggestions on what brand names I can have Ford put in since it's apparent the stock units are problematic. I really don't race other than an occasional road kill. Any info on better clutches I could be looking at without breaking the bank, but are a better performer than the stock Ford clutch???

PS in your reply try to include valuable info as to why you are suggesting a particular brand..........

finally

Established Member
I'm taking my Cobra in Tuesday for a noisy throwout bearing also. I've had it since day 1, last July but haven't been able to duplicate it for the Dealer. It's now noisy all of the time so I won't have any problems proving the sound to the dealer. What other parts are they going to replace?

2003 Cobra

Established Member
Ford uses BCA throwout bearings. The NSK throwout bearing, easily found re-boxed as Timken at Autozone, is only $20.00 retail and is the bearing of choice.

Crazy03

Established Member
what does this noise sounds like? Everytime I pull in my driveway I hear something rattling under the car for a second or two, is that what it sounds like?

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
No its a sqealing sound you can tell its a rotational thing and it happens mostly with the clutch pedal pushed in.

Users who are viewing this thread