Clutch quadrant and 1/8 mile times

snakebittin

Established Member
I went back to the track today and have some new times.Best et was 9.45 60 foot was 2.25 and 76 mph.This sucks!!!I am having problems findingg the sweet spot at launch.As the night went on I noticed it was getting harder to ingage first gear.Then it bacame harder in all gears.The clutch pedal seems to have alot of play and kinda flops up and down quite a bit.I think its time for a new cable and quadrent???Would that help with the crappy 60 times??Again the car has 4.10s,82 mm massair,62mm throttlebody,x pipe with cats 21/2.21/2 cat back,pullies,160 stat,275 nitto drags,upper and lower tubular raer control arms,bilstein shocks and struts,sct programmer.Who has the best clutch quadrent set ups??:shrug::shrug::shrug::rolling::rolling:

harvboi05

Established Member
lift up on your clutch pedal, listen for some clicks, that will be the sound of your clutch adjusting. the bilsteins certainly arent helping ya launch either.

i have a BBK adjuster and quadrant that hasnt given me any problems. the new clutch cable made a HUGE difference, make sure its OEM.

more seat time will probly be the biggest helper.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
it will help some your shifts if your clutch isn't completely engaging or disengaging, I tend to have to adjust mine at the track for the right spot.....banging gears the clutch and trans are much less forgiving

harvboi05

Established Member
shoot me a pm when you get ur new parts. either i or some of my buddies in buffalo can definitely help you out!

snakebittin

Established Member
Clutch quadrant

I will try lifting and listen for the clicking but it pretty much seems like its just flopping around way to much.Should i hold it in the up position and listen while I hold it up???I see you live here in NY.Can you refer a good shop to install a cable/quadrant???

harvboi05

Established Member
all you gotta do is pull up firmly on the pedal until i stops clicking. if it never clicks then that means it was "in adjustment". a clutch cable/quadrant swap is like a 1hr job tops. if you know how to change oil you can do it.

harvboi05

Established Member
click on my name and then click on send a private message, you might need more posts tho.

OEM cables are the highest quality. i think maximum motorsports uses OEM cables and modifies them. lots of people prefer their products also. if i had to do it again id probly get their stuff, but my stuff came with the car when i got it.

snakebittin

Established Member
Guess i cant leave a pm???

If you r interested in doing the quadrant I will be greatfull and pay for your help.Im in cHeektowaga near the airport.7165360697 anytime tommorow,thanks!!

Lino

harvboi05

Established Member
im in rochester. i just texted my buddy that lives in buffalo that can help you out for sure if hes available. ill keep you posted.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I went back to the track today and have some new times.Best et was 9.45 60 foot was 2.25 and 76 mph.This sucks!!!I am having problems findingg the sweet spot at launch.As the night went on I noticed it was getting harder to ingage first gear.Then it bacame harder in all gears.The clutch pedal seems to have alot of play and kinda flops up and down quite a bit.I think its time for a new cable and quadrent???Would that help with the crappy 60 times??Again the car has 4.10s,82 mm massair,62mm throttlebody,x pipe with cats 21/2.21/2 cat back,pullies,160 stat,275 nitto drags,upper and lower tubular raer control arms,bilstein shocks and struts,sct programmer.Who has the best clutch quadrent set ups??:shrug::shrug::shrug::rolling::rolling:

How much does it flop up and down? The reason I ask is that I am having the same problem. I've already dropped my trans twice- I'll be pulling it again next week. When it flops like that, it makes me think that maybe your pilot bearing in the back of the crank is shot- leaving plenty of play for then input shaft to jump around.

I got under the car and disconnected my cable, then was able to see the play in the input shaft by wiggling the clutch fork around. I also had a bad vibration at about 120mph on the dyno, which I think is attributed to this bad pilot bearing.

Bit of advice for everybody- don't use the bearings Ram supplies with their clutch kits.... they didn't even last 6 months (Throwout bearing OR pilot bearing). I'm glad I didn't use their clutch and pressure plate... their parts are cheap for a reason- they're junk.

harvboi05

Established Member
expect a text tonight or tomorrow, from my friend mike. he will help you out for sure.

wynn - was your vibration only dependent upon wheel speed or was it engine speed too?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
It was at about 120mph... I can't remember if it went away when I put it in neutral or not. I never took it to 120 again after the dyno, but it was a pretty bad vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread