clutch Quad and FWA help

drews01cobra

I fly really low....
Established Member
Someone please point me to a thread on how to install clutch quad and fwa. Also, will this help with shifting. the rookie says thanks.

thinking about fiore quad and steeda fwa

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
hmm, well it's late so hopefully this makes sense...

Quadrant: there's 2 little "hairpin" clip things that need to be removed that hold the stock quadrant from sliding. then i think like some sort of spring holds one of the pieces on. basically after the clips are off just get a pair of pliers and a screwdriver and you should be able to pry them out. something will probably break on the stock quadrant, but don't worry it's going in the trash. the first couple times i did them they broke, but no when i do them they could be reused(don't know why you would). anyway, now just slide the new quadrant on and reinstall the 2 clip things.

FWA: unscrew the 2 screws holding the cable onto the firewall. pull the cable out(assuming it's undone from the quadrant already). install new FWA piece. the 2 holes should line up fine, some have a 3rd hole in the FWA so you can either drill another hole in the firewall or not use the 3rd hole. if you don't feel like drilling that's fine, 2 is plenty. on the clutch cable, pull off the rubber donut and break off all the plastic housing junk that went just inside the firewall. your FWA may come with a shim that can slide over the end of the cable. this will eliminate all that play between the part of the cable guide that sits in the FWA. i know UPR's comes with that shim. you don't need it, but it's nice to have. slide cable though the FWA and firewall and attach to quadrant from inside the car. back FWA out to take up slack. not too much though, you'll have to play around with the grab point and stuff to get the feel for what's right.

i don't know if i'd say this would exactly help with shifting. i mean, if your stock quadrant is crapped out and puts the grab point super low in the pedal that would mean the clutch might not be totally disengaging. so then it definitely could imporve shifting in that case. it'll also help with a "mushy" pedal fell when depressing the pedal. that plastic flexes so much...

hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread