clutch problems???

97cobrastatus

Established Member
ok guys so heres the situation... i recently had a king cobra clutch put in a couple months ago and havent had any problems with it untill now... the problem im having is that when the clutch is all the way released in neutral it makes a faint ticking noise and when i push the clutch all the way to the floor it makes a very loud ticking noise... not really sure what it is but it neems like it chattering real bad and im not sure if theres some sort of adjustment i can make or if i need a new clutch or what... it still grabs like new but i have to feather the clutch while driving in gear and i cant push it to the floor when shifting to avoid the noise...

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks guys

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
i would bring it back to where you had the clutch done and have them look at it, i would throw out the thought of a TOB (throw out bearing) but the noise should go away when the clutch is engaged

97cobrastatus

Established Member
thats what i was thinking but seeing as how it my daily driver ill have to wait till i have at least 2 days off in a row so i can jack it up take her apart and replace the TOB and then put her all back together

thanks guys ill let ya know if it is in fact the TOB

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
do you still have the stock adjuster and quadrent? if you do just for shits and giggles, try putting your foot on the bottom of the clutch and pulling up with you foot.. it could be out of adjustment ( they have a self adjuster)... where is the sound comming from? Was yout TOB replaced when the clutch was put in?

Users who are viewing this thread