Clutch problem?

Jeremy05

Established Member
Sorry if this is wrong spot!

Hey guys, heres the problem, with my 2005 Mustang GT, When I press my clutch in its pretty much at the floor already, It used to have a lot more travel and pressure to press it in.

Somethings not right with the car, I had a bad shift when I noticed the problem, but it just smelled like roasted clutch. Now two days later I notice this.

Also The car has started a whining sound that is pretty loud and gets louder with RPMs. Maybe a bad belt? I don't believe its the blower.

I don't hear any grinding while shifting, but it is considerably harder to shift into gear, not as smooth as before. Any help or ideas as to the cause? I don't want to buy a new Clutch/Transmition.

Its a Stock Trans, and the clutch is a six bolt pattern due to the stroked motor.
On Pump gas is putting down just over 500RWHP

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Sorry if this is wrong spot!

Hey guys, heres the problem, with my 2005 Mustang GT, When I press my clutch in its pretty much at the floor already, It used to have a lot more travel and pressure to press it in.

Somethings not right with the car, I had a bad shift when I noticed the problem, but it just smelled like roasted clutch. Now two days later I notice this.

Also The car has started a whining sound that is pretty loud and gets louder with RPMs. Maybe a bad belt? I don't believe its the blower.

I don't hear any grinding while shifting, but it is considerably harder to shift into gear, not as smooth as before. Any help or ideas as to the cause? I don't want to buy a new Clutch/Transmition.

Its a Stock Trans, and the clutch is a six bolt pattern due to the stroked motor.
On Pump gas is putting down just over 500RWHP
With a stroker motor I would have thought that you would have a forged crank with an 8 bolt flywheel.

I would suspect that the hydraulic throwout bearing may be gone.
If it's the clutch I recommend a SPEC 3+ with the matching flywheel.
If you don't use the matching flywheel you will need to install a shim behind the throwout bearing.
I have one in mine and although the pedal pressure is high once it is broken in It is very driveable and will hold any power you throw at it.

SPEC 3+ = very good
SPEC 3 = not so much
SPEC 2+ = not so much

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread