Clutch Problem

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
I can't shift gears while I'm driving and I think it's because my clutch isn't disengaging. When the car isn't running I can shift through all the gears but not as smooth as how it normally would, any ideas what could be wrong? Stretched out clutch cable? Could it be a tranny problem?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Quadrant flex, cable stretch, adjustment.

Could be any of them.

Mine was quadrant flex when I put the stage 2+ in.
Steeda quadrant fixed it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Pull up on the pedal till you feel a click, that is all the adjustment there is.

And most times can't even feel the click but that is how you do it.

white98snake

Established Member
get the steeda quadrant and go to ford and get a new stock cable. if the quadrant is the real culprit the cable isnt 2 far behind it. Change em both out and get the steeda firewall adjuster and u will be set.

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
I just went and looked under the dash at the quadrant, but everything seemed ok, is there anything inparticular that I'm looking for to see if the quadrant is bad or the cable has stretched? How about the clutch fork, can that bend and cause the same problem? I bought the car with the clutch fork cover missing, and haven't had a chance to pick one up and replace it yet.

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
white98snake said:
get the steeda quadrant and go to ford and get a new stock cable. if the quadrant is the real culprit the cable isnt 2 far behind it. Change em both out and get the steeda firewall adjuster and u will be set.
The adjustable cables are no good?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread