Clutch pedal vibrating bad

Longtubes

Established Member
Clutch was replaced not too long ago, not sure what brand it was. Always felt nice and tight when I first got it. Lately, feels a tad spongy at times, and the pedal vibrates pretty bad in 2nd and 3rd (but worst in 2nd) while accelerating at certain rpms. Doesn't seem to do it much at idle. I was told it seems out of adjustment, clutch teeth still are sharp and TOB seems fine. Will just this work or do I need more to fix it? I'e just the adjustable cable or the whole shebang?

And what brand is best and most reliable?

Car is a 97 GT.

Last edited:

Longtubes

Established Member
NVM, figured out that oem clutch cable and a SR Firewall adjuster is a good combo.

Longtubes

Established Member
I don't believe so, because a slight adjustment with the oem does make it tight for a short period, then it gets worse again. From what I read around forums, seems adjustable quadrant and new cable does the trick.

Mattstang04

Established Member
Most high performance clutches require an adjustable cable or quadrant, firewall adjuster and stock cable. Do you know if the clutch you installed was a stock replacement or high performance clutch? If you have the stock cable and a firewall adjuster you really need a good quadrant. The stock quadrant is plastic and is not going to hold up to stronger clutch.

Longtubes

Established Member
Most high performance clutches require an adjustable cable or quadrant, firewall adjuster and stock cable. Do you know if the clutch you installed was a stock replacement or high performance clutch? If you have the stock cable and a firewall adjuster you really need a good quadrant. The stock quadrant is plastic and is not going to hold up to stronger clutch.

No clue what brand clutch, put on right before the guy sold me the car. Was into modding and such so I figure it was a decent one. Would the plastic stock quadrant cause the vibrating like I said about?

Mattstang04

Established Member
It's possible but I'm no pro. Could be clutch chatter. Is the pedal shaking up and down like there is too much slack in the pedal or is it tight and just "buzzing"?

Users who are viewing this thread