Clutch pedal problem Help

Pettinella2005

Established Member
Hey All! Need some advice. Have a 1999 cobra vert that I am completely restoring. Clutch in it is not bran new but also not more than a couple years old. The clutch seems to grab fine but the pedal when you press it down slowly is very choppy. Lit it gets stuck free, stuck free, as I press down the clutch pedal. Checked and lubed the pedal assembly under the dash and had a brand new cluch cable put on the car. Still nothing changed is choppy feeling when depressing the clutch pedal. It does not do it every single time but I would say does it 95% of the time. Any ideas of what this could be or where I should look to remedy the problem? Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,
Bob

01yellercobra

Established Member
The next thing to check would be the parts in the bellhousing. IE the TOB, TOB sleeve, clutch fork, and clutch fork pivot.

NicksGTR

Established Member
Do you have the original plastic clutch quadrant? If you have an aftermarket aluminum unit you should check the steel cable to aluminum groove alignment. Must be dead center with shims to accomplish this.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
When I had similar symptoms it took replacing the clutch to get rid of that feel, it was in the action of the pressure plate.

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
sounds like it has a metal quadrant like Nick said... the metal quadrants are what you are feeling.. i have had this issue with every mustang ive had... you have to get washers and space out the quadrant so that the line sits flush right between it... the metal ones (like steeda for instance) are much narrower than the plastic ford oem ones... so they tend to wabble around some when pressed...

Users who are viewing this thread