Clutch pedal lose?

MyZinc03

Established Member
Do any of you guys have a clutch pedal that is lose and moves side to side? Mine has some play in it and feels strange when driving. If I touch it with my hand I can move the entire pedal side to side. maybe 1/16 inch. Car has 2500 miles and I just noticed it. Thanks

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Mine's just started feeling a little loose as well, so I'll bring it to the top and see what people think.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Oh no, this is where all my problems started.....Brought to dealer to fix clutch pedel from moving side to side, the next thing I know the TOB is making a racket. Now three TOB's, three clutch assemblies, and two flywheels later I am getting what sounds like some major popping noises from the front suspension. These have been ongoing issues all winter.
Just figured I would make everyone worry.

raiders03

Banned
Mine is a little loose to. It drives me nuts. I can move it down like a 1/4 inch before it has tension. It is kinda just flapping around a little. I already adjusted it so it is not that. Has anyone seen this.

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I don't know if mine is "loose" persay, but does anyone's clutch pedel squeak? I think the noise is from the tranny, but you can lightly put your foot on it and have the noise go away, but once you take it off, the squeaking begins. It's not really loud, but I'm the kind of person that little things like that bother me. It's gonna drive me crazy soon. 03ShadowCobra - This wasn't close to your problem....was it?

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
My clutch pedal does wierd things! I am starting to get paranoid about it because I think my clutch may be going out. I only have a little over 2,000 miles on the car and don't want to take it to the dealer. Anyone have any ideas? The car hasn't been beat on so I am thinking the pressure plate or something else may be bad.

I will be waiting at a stop light and it seems like sometimes the clutch pedal goes in farther than usual. The last couple times I have driven it, I notice what smells like burnt clutch but can't be for sure. I just put on Bassani Cat-back and it is still giving off the smell from the coating they spray on the exhaust? What is odd is that sometimes the clutch feels light and at the next stop light it feels heavy??? Quadrant?? Cable??

Anyone put in an aftermarket clutch or pressure plate? What do you recommend for street use under 500 RWHP? I just ordered the three piece clutch kit from Steeda in hope of taking care of this moody clutch pedal. How many hours to have one removed and installed if I can't do it myself???

Any body have any ideas????

Thanks,

Josh

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeEyes87
I don't know if mine is "loose" persay, but does anyone's clutch pedel squeak? I think the noise is from the tranny, but you can lightly put your foot on it and have the noise go away, but once you take it off, the squeaking begins. It's not really loud, but I'm the kind of person that little things like that bother me. It's gonna drive me crazy soon. 03ShadowCobra - This wasn't close to your problem....was it?
Thats how it all started.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by MT2003
SnakeEyes87 - sounds like your throwout bearing is going bad...

Agreed. These TOBs on the snake must suck hard. My second one is already making noise.... :(

Another owner in the area has one that squeals like a pig.

It seems to be sort of common, but I don't know why.

Perhaps there is a "better" TOB somewhere we can buy???

acatalon

Established Member
I had mine changed 2weeks ago and it squeaked on the way home..a little pressure on pedal and it stops, gotta be a bad tob?

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
i had my transmission replaced and the TOB is squeeling again. THere is a Heavy Duty replacement aftermarket TOB that sells for about $20. I had the link in a previous post about a week ago. I'll try to find it.

In that post I was asking about a replacement clutch... I've decided that I'd go with the stage III and the heavy duty TOB.

Users who are viewing this thread