Clutch pedal effort

fordracing19

Established Member
How can I make the effort easier? Change to hydraulic or something? That is one of the things I dont like about this car.

beabout

Established Member
:shrug: I'm interested as well, don't much care for the heavy pedal... any ideas?

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
Get a new clutch. Mine was so hard it worn out my cafe muscle sitting at a stop light put a new clutch in and that stiff pedal is a thing of the past.

beabout

Established Member
03nightmare said:
Get a new clutch. Mine was so hard it worn out my cafe muscle sitting at a stop light put a new clutch in and that stiff pedal is a thing of the past.

Did you replace with Ford/Stock clutch or aftermarket item. If aftermarket which one....? :shrug:

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
Mine was replaced with a ram or zoom or something like that can't remember but it was a little better than the stock clutch. I did not have to many mods at the time I replaced it so I did not see the need to put some overpriced moster of a clutch back in it. Now i wish I would have. got more mods now and well just see how it holds up. I got it from summit racing.

Last edited:

SoonToBeASnake

Established Member
I'm with you on this. I just picked up and installed a Quadrant and Firewall Adjuster to hope to help my shifting woes. The car is still hard to shift, clutch is I want to say a little stiffer then before to push in. The car has 26k miles and I'm debating on changing the trans fluid but I am afraid that may not help the issue.

fordracing19

Established Member
I had my car traded for a G35 coupe with 6speed and have been driving it for a week and a half. Well the dealer tried to screw me on the deal and I took my cobra back. The stiff pedal was the first thing when I got back in the car.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The 03s had a very hard pedal. In 04, Ford changed the design of the clutch to make it easier.
Your only course of action is to replace the clutch assembly with an aftermarket piece.

Users who are viewing this thread