clutch pedal effort

compcobra

Established Member
I realize the benefits of the quick release quadrant, I was just wondering is the clutch pedal effort that much more than a non quick release quadrant. Planning to use Fiore adjuster and LDC clutch freeplay kit.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
compcobra said:
I realize the benefits of the quick release quadrant, I was just wondering is the clutch pedal effort that much more than a non quick release quadrant. Planning to use Fiore adjuster and LDC clutch freeplay kit.

I have the Steeda quick release quadrant, MM clutch height adjuster and the LDC freeplay correction kit. The pedal effort is slightly more than stock. It is not much of a change.

Enjoy!

compcobra

Established Member
I don't really like the height of the clutch pedal. Will the MM clutch adjuster kit work with the fiore firewall adjuster and steeda quick release quadrant? Any info would be great before I order the clutch height adjustment kit. I think some one on the forums said it did not work too well with the fiore adjuster.

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
compcobra said:
I don't really like the height of the clutch pedal. Will the MM clutch adjuster kit work with the fiore firewall adjuster and steeda quick release quadrant? Any info would be great before I order the clutch height adjustment kit. I think some one on the forums said it did not work too well with the fiore adjuster.

I did a write up of my install. There are a couple of issues you need to be aware of... and it will work great if adjusted correctly.

The thread is HERE

Let me know if you have any questions.

compcobra

Established Member
I read your thread about the install of your clutch pedal modifications, looks very good but it indicates that the Fiore kit should be fine as long as you don't get a pedal adjustment kit. I hope this isn't so because i really want to lower my clutch pedal also. I already have the fiore adjuster and the steeda quick release ordered. Do I need to use a different style of firewall adjuster to lower my clutch pedal?

LargeOrangeFont

Established Member
What you have ordered should work perfectly.

It is doubtful that the Fiore KIT will work (I haven't personally tried it) because it has a STOCK profile quadrant. You just have the Fiore Firewall adjuster, not their quadrant\firewall adjuster KIT. Their quadrant is great, but I don't see how one could get ANY stock profile quadrant to work with a clutch height adjuster.

The firewall adjuster has nothing to do with the height of the clutch pedal. You should be able to use almost any firewall adjuster. with a clutch height adjustment kit.

The only imperative part you need is the quick release quadrant, which you have ordered.

Ashley

Last edited:

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
compcobra said:
You can buy my new MM height adjuster and save a little money.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2471957&postcount=1

Users who are viewing this thread