clutch options

v8venomgt

Established Member
i acquired a tr6060 that will need a rebuild that i will have done over the winter. im finding a lot of conflicting information for a clutch choice. the background of my car is its an 08 bullitt, stock shortblock, and a thp single turbo outputting 8lbs of boost currently outputting 465/465 to the tire.

i do not intend to build a motor in the forseeable future so big power is not a huge concern right now. however a taller ceiling would be nice to have if i do in fact have some sort of catastrophic engine failure. the primary use of the car is a cruiser/nice day type of thing. it sees the track a few times a year, but im not looking for a clutch that performs best at the track, and leaves something to be desired on the street. i currently have a spec 3+ in my 3650, and im not particularly thrilled with it so i would like to stay away from a spec product in the 6060 has anyone had success with centerforce in their 6060? it seems mcleod is pretty popular, although pretty expensive. can anyone share their personal pros/cons of their clutch setups? ive read a lot of hearsay through searching.....

tenmiledaddy

Airborne
Established Member
Mccloud would be my choice. As far as the expensive issue concerns, I don't see too much of a way to get around it. You usually get what you pay for, and nobody really wants to throw money away on what you may call an expensive clutch. I know that in the old days 70's and 80's things were not that expensive, but brother let me tell you, times have changed, and we need to get used to that. We may not love it , but we have to accept it. I would never try to tell you what to do, however in my case, and I like being frugel with my money, I would get what I need, and not beat myself up with the cost. Good luck on your search....................

v8venomgt

Established Member
Mccloud would be my choice. As far as the expensive issue concerns, I don't see too much of a way to get around it. You usually get what you pay for, and nobody really wants to throw money away on what you may call an expensive clutch. I know that in the old days 70's and 80's things were not that expensive, but brother let me tell you, times have changed, and we need to get used to that. We may not love it , but we have to accept it. I would never try to tell you what to do, however in my case, and I like being frugel with my money, I would get what I need, and not beat myself up with the cost. Good luck on your search....................

why is it your choice? do you have firsthand experience with it? ive definitely bought products that are expensive and dont perform so i dont want to just assume its a quality product in an s197 tr6060 because its expensive.

looking for some more feedback in general. if mcleod is the prime choice, for a street car is the rst a good choice? im not opposed to spending that sort of money, i just dont want to get caught with any hidden surprises.

tenmiledaddy

Airborne
Established Member
If you will look on page 6 or so of this forum, you will see a thread titled "Advice needed on clutch". You will see all the responses I received on this same type question you asked. Go check it out.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Spec p trim for me. I couldn't be happier. Heard a lot of good things about McLeod too.

Users who are viewing this thread